Job Posting – Registrar & Manager of Student Information Services
Knox College opens search for Registrar and Manager of Student Information Services.
After many years of faithful service, Ruth McCarten has announced her retirement for December 31, 2014. The college has now begun an active search for her replacement. Please see the job positing below for details.
Please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources to email@example.com by Friday, October 3, 2014.
REGISTRAR AND MANAGER OF STUDENT INFORMATION SERVICES
Summary of the Position: The Registrar and Manager of Student Information Services has responsibility for implementing and maintaining student records and administering the functions of the registrar’s office, primarily in the following areas: admissions, registration, orientation, fees, grade recording and reporting, program information, course management, and convocation.
- Works as an integral part of a team in the Academic Office, reporting to the Director of Academic Programs
- Works and liaises with the faculty, staff, and senior administration of Knox College; the TST registrar and the registrars at other TST colleges; the University of Toronto; and The Presbyterian Church in Canada
- Manages the admissions process for applicants to Basic Degree programs and works with TST in the admissions process for applicants to Advanced Degree programs
- Manages registration and course enrolment for all new and returning students at the BD and AD level
- Manages the Repository of Student Information (ROSI – University of Toronto) database for Knox College students
- Collects, records, and reports grades
- Processes annual course offerings and timetables
- Coordinates all aspects of the academic component of Convocation
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; Theological education or other post-baccalaureate degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Experience working with sophisticated data management systems, preferably in an academic context
- Excellent knowledge of student information processes from admissions through to graduation
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and coordination skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with faculty, students, and an increasingly diverse intercultural constituency
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, deal with tight timelines and interruptions
- Excellent ability and willingness to maintain a very high degree of confidentiality
- Experience as a registrar in a university or college setting an asset
- Knowledge of The Presbyterian Church in Canada an asset
Applications must include a curriculum vitae or resume and a cover letter which speaks to qualifications for the position, eligibility to work in Canada, and salary expectations. The application deadline is Friday, October 3, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. Only applicants invited for interviews will be contacted. The successful candidate will be expected to begin not later than Monday, December 1, 2014. Please send applications to: Human Resources, Knox College at firstname.lastname@example.org