2011 marks a new intake year for earning online credits toward your Master of Divinity Degree!*
This combination of online and on-site education provides convenience and flexibility for those wishing to balance work, family and church commitments with educational pursuits.**
The M.Div. requires 30 academic credits (1 course = 1 credit) which are outlined below:***
- 10 credits taken through online learning
- 2 credits for Theological Field Education that may be completed in a student’s own community
- 8 credits are “summer intensive” courses (1 or 2 weeks in duration) at Knox
- 10 credits taken while the student attends Knox for their final year (required), consisting of 2 terms of 12 weeks (5 credits per term). A reading week falls within each term. These 2 terms do not need to be taken in the same academic or calendar year.
To apply for the M.Div. program, please complete an application package for Basic Degrees as described on our Admission Requirements page (this includes the Knox BD Application Form, two reference letters using the Reference Letter Request Form, and TST/U of T Student Information form) and mail the forms to:
59 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario M5S 2E6
The application deadline for the online stream of the Master of Divinity degree is June 30, 2011.
If you have questions or require further information, please contact the Director of Academic Programs at 416.978.2791.
In addition to offering online courses as part of a degree program, Knox encourages professional church workers of The Presbyterian Church in Canada to consider Knox courses toward their continuing education fulfillment.
For more information on…
- Degree level education, contact the Director of Academic Programs
- Non-degree learning opportunities, contact the Continuing Education Coordinator
* courses may also be used as credits toward other degree programs.
** Program is designed for completion in 6 years. May be completed sooner with increased time on campus.
*** Some variations may be possible.